- One of the most important front lines in Donbass in eastern Ukraine, separating the Ukrainian army from the Russian forces, was stable, on Tuesday, April 5, but under pressure in anticipation of an impending Russian offensive, the Agence France-Presse (AFP) noted. Russian military operations continue in the city Slovianskwhose inhabitants have been invited to leave by the Ukrainian authorities, notes Michel Goya, historian and former soldier, in his latest update. ON Mariupolthe situation is confused, reports Mr. Goya: the conquest of the city, destroyed “90%” according to its mayor is still a priority target for the Russians, but their forces appear to have diminished. According to Michel Goya “The Battle of Donbass is undoubtedly now the decisive battle of the war”.
- In it around Kiev evacuated by the Russian army, the macabre discoveries multiply. According to Ukrainian Prosecutor General, the lifeless bodies of 410 civilians were found in these areas. His office also reported Monday night the discovery of the bodies of five men with tied hands found in the basement of a children’s sanatorium in Butcha. The situation at Borodyanka (60 kilometers west of Kyiv) would be even worse, according to her “in the form of victims” end Bouchas.
- Russia continues to reject “categorical” all taxes. During a UN press conference, Russian Ambassador Vassily Nebenzia accused Ukraine of “set the stage” the bodies of civilians who died in Boutcha, describing the pictures and videos of the latter as “gross forgeries”without, however, proving it.
- According to latest British intelligence reportUkrainian forces took over a large part of northern Ukraine, “Forcing the Russians to withdraw from the surrounding areas Chernihiv and north of Kiev ». In the region of Kharkov, ISW predicts the complete withdrawal of Russian forces from Sumy Oblast in the coming days. Ukrainian forces are likely to intensify their counterattacks in the area, the report adds.
- ON Khersonin southwestern Ukraine, the Russian positions are maintained according to Michel Goya, even though they appear diminished. ISW reports on effective counter-attacks carried out by the Ukrainian forces, which would have enabled them to regain territory in the region.
- The United States, Canada and the European Union, after condemning these abuses, have strongly stated that they wish strengthen sanctions against Russia. The EU is discussing “emergency” new sanctions against Moscow, demanded by France and Germany in particular. The United States will try to achieve “suspension” of Russia from the UN Human Rights Council, also announced the US Ambassador to the UN on Monday. The German state will take temporary control of the German subsidiary of the Russian giant Gazprombecause of his “significance for supply” in energy from Germany.
- On Monday, Lithuania announced the dismissal of the Russian ambassador after it “atrocities committed” of Russian soldiers in Ukraine. France and Germany are planning the expulsion of dozens of Russian diplomats of their countries.
- More than 4.2 million Ukrainians fled their country since the invasion ordered by Russian President Vladimir Putin on February 24, according to figures from the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). On Monday, the UNHCR registered exactly 4,215,047 Ukrainian refugees. That’s 38,646 more than during the previous scoring Sunday. Europe has not seen such an influx of refugees since World War II.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Factual. Abuse in Boutcha, Ukraine: many countries accuse Russia of contesting
Decryption. Europeans ready for Russian coal embargo
Report. In Tbilisi, the exiled Russians do not imagine “can be returned”
History. Tour de France of initiatives in favor of Ukrainian refugees
Decryption. The Boutcha massacre: on social networks, Moscow disinformation operation
Maintenance. “In Russia, crises are not the exception, they are the rule”
Video. In Boutcha, the streets turned into an open-air cemetery
You can find our live yesterday on this link
“Why is my question not published? » : How? “Or what ” The world “ manages contributions in live numbers