- In the East. Civilians continued to flee from Kramatorsk, Sloviansk and most cities in the eastern part of the country under Ukrainian control before the announced offensive by Russian troops, and especially in light of intensified bombing raids. The General Staff of the Ukrainian army fears that if the city of Mariupol falls, the Russians’ first target will be “to seize Popasna and launch an offensive […] to reach the administrative boundaries of the Donetsk region “.
- In Mariupol. The strategic port of the Sea of Azov, besieged and bombarded relentlessly for more than 40 days, will undoubtedly fall into Russian hands in the coming days. According to Vadym Boichenko, mayor of the city, quoted by Reuters, the number of civilians killed would exceed 21,000.
- In the Kiev region. Since the withdrawal of the Russian army, life has slowly resumed its course in the Ukrainian capital, but to the already documented atrocities is added the discovery of new corpses every day. Anatoly Fedoruk, the city’s mayor, said authorities had so far found the bodies of 403 people believed to have been killed by Russian forces.
- The United States does not “can confirm” recent allegations of use of chemical weapons in Mariupol. The United States reported“credible information” on Russia’s ability to make use of“chemical agents” in its offensive to occupy the city of Mariupol. However, the head of US diplomacy, Antony Blinken, Washington did not specify “can confirm” recent accusations made on Tuesday by the Ukrainian Azov regiment.
- Vladimir Putin: The invasion of Ukraine was ” inevitable “negotiations are stalled. The Russian president appeared in public outside Moscow for the first time since the beginning of the war. “The military operation”according to official Kremlin terminology, and the clash with Ukrainian forces “anti-Russian” was, he said, inevitable.
- Volodymyr Zelensky calls for more EU sanctions. In Lithuania, a former Soviet republic now a member of the EU and NATO, the Ukrainian president criticized inadequate sanctions. “because Europe still prefers cooperation, trade and the status quo “.
- The President of Germany wanted to visit Kiev, the Ukrainian government did not “not wished”. Frank-Walter Steinmeier said the Ukrainian government did not want him to come to Kiev. “I was ready to do it, but apparently, and I have to take note, it was not wanted in Kiev.”he said.
- The EU continues to discuss new sanctions. It is not yet known what this sixth package of sanctions will contain, but unlike the previous five, which were all adopted unanimously, a consensus is harder to find this time.
- More than 4.6 million Ukrainian refugees since the beginning of the war. Of these men, women and children, more than half went to Poland and stayed there or chose to continue to another country. In total, almost twelve million people, more than a quarter of the population of Ukraine, have had to leave their homes, either by crossing the border to reach neighboring countries or by finding refuge elsewhere in Ukraine. , according to the UN.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Report. Kiev comes to life again after the withdrawal of Russian troops from the northern part of the country
Decryptions. In Germany, the government itself is divided on the issue of arms supplies to Ukraine
Factual. Societe Generale ceases its activities in Russia
Portrait. The world according to Putin: the cross and the banner
Video. In Borodyanka, a situation “much more terrible” end in Boutcha
Tribune. “The images of the Boutcha massacres made it possible to immediately deconstruct Russian propaganda”
You can find our live yesterday on this link.
“Why is my question not published?” : How? “Or what ” The world “ manages contributions in live numbers